Thursday, March 6, 2008

following the sun

A week from tomorrow I'll be on a plane to Denver for my first time skiing out west! It took me 23 years to get there but that only makes it more epic. I'm so ridiculously excited I can barely talk about it, and I haven't felt that way about a trip in a loooong time.

I'm going with a friend from school who I think will be an awesome travel buddy. We seem to have a similar travel aesthetic, which I will describe as "plan cool stuff and have goals for the trip while fully prepared to make it fun no matter what ends up happening." She's also tolerant and supportive of my chattiness! It's going to be a great great time. Really.We're staying in her aunt's vacation house at Eldora Mountain in Nederland, CO, where we're going to ski for 3 or 4 days. The other days will be at Copper or Winter Park or another of the zillions of places in the area.

Ok, a moment of truth...a large part of my excitement is because I'll probably get to see my old buddy who lives in Dillon, at least for a day or so. I had such a good time with my Tussey pals this weekend and in a week I'll be with THE Tussey pal and better skiing than I've had my whole life. :-D, for lack of better words.

No comments: