I'm really enjoying Ska Brewing Co.'s Pinstripe Red Ale from Durango. Delicious.
-
A lot of trains go through Flagstaff. The place I'm staying is painfully close to the train station. Even though they are noisy all night, I still like seeing them.
-
This morning I went to Macy's European Coffee House. Tomorrow I will try out Flagstaff Coffee Company, which moonlights as Flagstaff Brewing Company (actually, it's probably the other way around).
-
I have seen at least five Race Across America participants since I've been out west. Each cyclist is followed by a decaled mini van that blocks cars and uses a loudspeaker to give him or her directions.
-
I bought a Sigg bottle at Mountain Sports downtown. It's my first souvenir of my trip and a useful one at that! Especially now that the older Nalgenes are of questionable safety.
- Looking at backpacks (habit), I was reminded how much I love my new Gregory Jade 50. It has been perfect for me so far and I can't wait to try it out on some other trips.
- I stood on a corner in Winslow, Arizona. It wasn't everything I dreamed it would be, but it was approximately what I expected. An important part of my personal narrative, regardless.
-
SILS is going roller skating! I'm sorry that I will miss it, especially since I've never been roller skating before. Jen and Erin are being awesome social chairs in my absence. I might have to fight to get my spot back in July! That would be an entertaining social event in itself.
-
My dad picked up his new car! Congrats! And Mom and Dad, if you are reading this, take some pictures with a real camera and send them to me so I can show people :) Here's a phone photo for now. Yes, it's a real car.


2 comments:
Is it weird that I'm reading your blog? Maybe. TOO BAD! You're fun and nice; I like fun and nice people. That's how it is.
Two things:
1. I just bought myself a Sigg bottle last week! It's way cute - purple with a crazy pink butterfly made out of wingding characters and whatnot. I wish I had not gone for the "sport top" though because it's too hard to drink out of.
2. I'm so impressed with your dad's new car! I heard they were really hard to find, but I did see my very first one on the road here a few weeks ago.
It's not weird at all and I'm GLAD you are reading! :)
He did have to wait a long time to get it (almost a year I think!) but he is so happy to have it now that I think it was worth it.
I hope you all are doing well and not getting washed away or anything!
Post a Comment