Tuesday, June 17, 2008

almost time to go home...

The last few days in Tucson have been fun and relaxing, and I'm sorry to be leaving tomorrow.

Saturday we checked out Mi Nidita, where Bill Clinton once dined, and I went to see Mi Fratello รจ Figlio Unico (My Brother is an Only Child) at The Loft while Susan made an appearance at a wedding. The movie was only okay :) However, it was worth it to have 2 things that started with "mi" in one day.

Sunday we drove up Mount Lemmon and had some delicious/giant cookies at the Cookie Cabin in Summerhaven (around 8200'). They call it Summerhaven because it is usually 15-20 degrees cooler than Tucson, but when it's 105 in Tucson, it's still pretty hot up there! We stopped at the Windy Point vista on the way down and scrambled around on the rocks for awhile. We did see some legitimate rock climbers on a nearby face, as well as some pretty (if hazy) scenery. That night, Claude joined us for some more fantastic Mexican food and margaritas at Guadalajara Grill.And TODAY I sat in on Susan's class, GEOG 305: Economic Geography! It was fun to meet her students and I was actually really interested in the subject. Of course it's easier to be interested when you have a great teacher!

We just got back from dinner at John's where we played with his robotic vacuum cleaner and introduced him to Flight of the Conchords. He introduced me to Trailer Park Boys and my first (and hopefully not last!) bacon and chocolate cupcake. Who knew bacon and chocolate went together?
Although my trip is over, the summer is young and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in North Carolina and State College soon! Thank you for reading (and for your comments!) and I've had a really good time writing this. In fact, I'll probably keep it up from time to time, so stop back if you feel like it :)

No comments: