Tuesday, June 17, 2008

fun facts

Just hanging out with the free wireless here at the airport in Tucson and thought of some fun facts about my trip. Here's a map of the area I covered, not even counting our trip to Rocky Point.
  • Most paid for gas: $4.37 (Jacob Lake, AZ - near the North Rim of the Grand Canyon). Least: $3.65 (in Tucson several weeks ago).

  • Highest altitude: 11,500' (Arizona Snow Bowl, Flagstaff). Lowest: sea level (Playa Encanto, Sonora, Mexico).

  • Highest temperature encountered: 107° F (Tucson, yesterday). Lowest: 42° (Marble Canyon, AZ, ~4am, June 11).

  • Miles on rental car: 2,100. Flat tires: 1. :)

I used and wore just about everything I brought, save my raincoat and umbrella. It sprinkled for about 20 minutes the day I was in Farmington, NM, but other than that I never saw rain at all. I'd say I did a great job packing light. The only things I ended up buying were a big bottle of sunscreen (since my little tubes ran out quickly) and a few other minor toiletries. I really should have brought contact solution and my eyeglasses--I have contacts that I leave in all the time and tend not to have trouble with, but the dry air was harsher than I expected. I did laundry a few times, but generally did fine with not very many clothes, even with the big differences in temperature. I've officially seen the light and will always try to pack light in the future!

So now I'm going home to North Carolina for a day and then Home (capital H) to State College for a few weeks. See you all soon!




No comments: