As I mentioned before, I stopped at the Aztec Ruins in Aztec, NM (neither of which actually has anything to do with the Aztecs--they're Pueblo ruins) on my way to Colorado. It was a nice little side trip--a quick self-guided walking tour with a little booklet explaining when they were found and which parts had been restored and what was used for what--all pretty standard and cool to see.The most amusing part was probably the ranger who sold me my ticket at the welcome center who thought it was SO FUNNY that I was there by myself. Then, probably thinking she had offended me by pointing it out, she told me about 3 times how it was better to be alone because I could take my time and not have anyone bugging me. I'll be interested to see if this happens this coming week when I'll be on my own again. It's not THAT weird to sightsee alone, is it? :)
The only possible reason I should not visit desert attractions by myself:
I'm afraid of the common harmless ground animals.

No comments:
Post a Comment